Before continuing, please read this important notice about this site.
(Address of police agency
find this out from the links section)
Offence number: (copy from ticket)
Provincial Offences Officer: (name - copy from ticket)
I am scheduled to appear in an Ontario Court of Justice at (county's
name) on the ______ day of
(month), (year), to answer a charge of (name of offence, e.g. speeding). In accordance with the
Ontario Freedom of Information Act, sections 10 & 11, I hereby request the following information
be provided to the defendant before the trial:
1. The make, model, and serial number of the radar/laser unit, and its
2. The officer's training record specific to the said radar/laser unit
3. Any repair history of the unit
4. Records of any calibration equipment such as tuning forks (not applicable to laser)
5. Official procedure for radar/laser equipment testing and operator training standards
If any of the above items are unavailable, please specify the reason(s)
and have an authority certify
the facts, which will be used as an affidavit at trial.
As I am sure you realize, I require timely response in order to make
full answer and defence to
Thank you for your assistance, and please send me all the information to the above address.
(Your name and signature)
Back to Before going to court